If no source is present under 'Sources' tab to the right of 'Scenes', click '+':
- OBS Studio can be downloaded from this link: https://obsproject.com/download
- Click on "Settings" button to the lower right
- Click "Stream" icon on the left side of window:
- In the list that pops up, choose 'Video Capture Device'
- Give the new device a name (other default settings should be fine), then press 'OK' at bottom of window
- Under 'Device' section, choose specific device you will be using for streaming (again, default settings are otherwise fine), then press 'OK' at the bottom of window to save these settings
IP Cameras (Axis, etc):
Finally, hit 'start streaming' button to the lower right to start up stream.
- In the list that pops up, choose 'Media Source'.
- Give the source a name (other default settings should be fine), then press 'OK' at bottom of window
Uncheck 'Local File'.
In the 'Input' box, enter in the url of your IP camera's webcam stream. You may need to consult your camera's documentation on how to find it.
You may select 'Use hardware decoding when available' if your computer supports this feature. If you are unsure, you may leave it unchecked.
Default settings for the other items are ok.
Press 'OK' at bottom of window to save these settings.
Once the instructions are complete you should able to see your stream at this link.
Additional instructions about audio and stream setup can be found on the OBS site, as well as more information about the capabilities
of OBS Studio.